Playgrounds Close Across Parramatta and The Hills
Written by Darryn Capes-Davis on 31 March 2020
Playgrounds across Parramatta and The Hills have closed due to Government restrictions due to Coronavirus. These closures follow the Prime Minister’s statement on the latest round of measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the health and safety of residents.
Closure of facilities include Council-managed skate facilities, playground and outdoor gym equipment.
City of Parramatta has implemented a range of additional cleaning measures including:
- The addition of disinfectant in water used to spray and sweep pavements daily in the Parramatta CBD and weekly in regional centres.
- The sanitisation of water stations, bins, street furniture, pedestrian buttons on traffic lights and other equipment in the CBD, regional and local centres.
- More frequent cleaning of public toilets.
Mayor of The Hills Shire, Dr Michelle Byrne said “Signage will placed at our playgrounds, outdoor gym facilities and skate parks notifying residents of these new closures”.
“As part of the Prime Minister’s new measures, the number of people permitted to gather outdoors is limited to two people only. However, this does not apply to people who live together.
“Social sporting-based activities such as bootcamps, personal training and tennis may be held outdoors in groups of no more than two people, and you must practice safe social distancing of 1.5 metres or more between yourself and others. No organised sports such as football or netball is permitted at this time.”
For the latest Council updates in response to COVID-19, please visit The Hills Shire Council’s website, www.thehills.nsw.gov.au.
City of Parramatta closures include
- Parramatta Skate Park
- Telopea Skate Park
- West Epping Skate Park
Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Arthur Phillip Park, Northmead
- Barton Park, North Parramatta
- Boronia Park, Epping
- Cowells Lane Reserve, Ermington
- Doyle Ground, North Parramatta
- Dundas Park, Dundas
- Eccles Park, Ermington
- Eric Primrose Reserve, Rydalmere
- George Kendall Riverside Park, Ermington
- Harold West Reserve, Carlingford
- Hazlewood Rose Park, Carlingford
- Homelands Reserve, Telopea
- James Farnell Reserve, Carlingford
- James Hoskin Reserve, Carlingford
- Jubilee Park, Parramatta
- Loftus Square, Epping
- Milson Park, Westmead
- Ollie Webb Reserve, Parramatta
- Third Settlement Reserve, Winston Hills
- Upjohn Park, Rydalmere
- Winston Hills Lions Park, Winston Hills
For a full list of Council’s playgrounds, visit: https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/recreation-environment/our-parks/list-of-parks-and-reserves